Smart forms support individual and mass migration of SAPscripts. In individual migration we need to convert a SAPscript form to Smart form and SAPscript style to Smart Style separately. At the time of migration it copies all the language attributes, texts and output options. Its also retrieves the layout information, pages, windows and its position and other attributes specified in SAPscript form. The important thing to note that we cannot migrate the print program automatically, after the migration we need to do the things with our print program for Smart Forms. Here is the steps to migrate a SAPscript for Smart Form
- Step 1: Enter the transaction code SMARTFORMS
- Step 2: Select Utilities -> Migrate SAPscript form (A window will appear)
- Step 3: Enter the name of the SAPscript you want to migrate and its language.
- Step 4: Press Enter
- Step 5: Now we can change the layout and form logic if necessary. Then choose activate button (The old SAPscript has migrated to a new Smart form)
Now watch the steps for converting a SAPscript style to Smart Style.
- Step 1: Enter the transaction code SMARTSTYLES
- Step 2: Enter the new Smart Style name in the style name field.
- Step 3: Go to Smart Styles -> Convert SAPscript style
- Step 4: Enter the name of the SAPscript style to convert
- Step 5: Press Enter
- Step 6: Press Activate button to activate the new Smart Style
Instead of doing individual conversion of SAPscript forms, Smartforms supports mass conversion using a special program calls SF_MIGRATE. Here are the steps to do that.
- Step 1: Select the program SF_MIGRATE and execute.
- Step 2: Select the names and languages of the SAPscript forms to migrate
- Step 3: Then execute
Now all the forms are migrated to Smart Forms with the same name of corresponding SAPscripts with an extension SF_. If we want to change these Smart Forms enter the transaction code SMARTFORMS and do the necessary changes and activate.
Normally we do the migration only if we have to do a lot of changes in the current SAPscript.
Also Read : ABAP Tutorial Home page -> Transaction SFTRACE – SmartForm Trace -> Smartforms Tutorial