SAP Manufacturing solution is software for handling the manufacturing processes and its integration with other sections of the Organization. It is used for enhancing the manufacturing processes in an Organization. It provides a multi-faceted set of features that integrates business systems to the shop floor, allowing for complete component and material-level visibility for single and global installations. SAP ME ensures that product is designed and built right the first time, collecting data from multiple sources and integrating data systems with shop floor activities to create one comprehensive production record.
The main activities and functions in SAP Manufacturing Software are
- SAP Lean Planning and Operations: To make sure timely production by flow manufacturing, lean planning and execution and data collection, integration, and analytics
- SAP Manufacturing Execution: To manage and control manufacturing and integrate with the rest of the enterprise.
- SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence: To ensures that all data that affects manufacturing is visible in real time by providing direct connection between shop-floor systems and business operations.
- SAP ERP Operations: Enterprise Resource Planning operations for the organization.
- SAP Supply Chain Management: It dealing with the Supply Chain Network related activities (See our SAP SCM introduction tutorial)
- SAP solutions for auto-ID and serialization: sensing and responding to the presence and movement of objects in real time by using technologies like radio-frequency identification (RFID), barcodes etc.