Recently I found some people are still searching on internet about the role of SAP consultant and how to be that. So here is a small introduction about this.
What is SAP?
SAP is the most popular ERP software used by most of the big companies in the world. It also supports CRM, PLM, SCM, SRM applications with their Business Suite software.
Who is a SAP consultant
Those who are working with SAP software is called SAP consultant in general. There are different types of job roles in SAP, from marketing to programming and development. Here is the name of some SAP consultants according to their role
- SAP Business Consultant
- SAP Sales consultant
- SAP Functional Consultant
- SAP Developer consultant ( ABAP consultant )
- SAP Basis consultant
How to become SAP consultants
You need to choose the role as per your experience , education background and mainly your interest. If your background or experience with programming , then you can be a developer consultant. If you have any functional specific knowledge or experience like HR , MM etc. Then you can be a functional consultant. If you are into networking or system administration then
SAP basis is the option for you.
The steps before starting a career as SAP Consultant
- Choose the desired section in SAP that you can work with
- Get training from good institutes or from authorized training centers
- Get Certification on SAP
- Improve your communication skill
- Prepare with some real time scenarios and prepare for your interview
- Join as a fresher or trainee in a good company working with SAP
Wish you all the best