MM stands for Material Management. SAP MM is one of the big modules in SAP ERP software. See the tutorials. This module mainly deals with material and their purchasing etc. Clients, company code, plat , storage location etc are the basic hierarchical structure for storing the data in this module.
The main sub components are
- Purchasing: Deal the complete activities in material procurement
- Inventory Management: Deal the complete activities for managing inventories in storage areas.
- Logistics Invoice Verification: Deal the complete activities for invoicing processes.
- Physical Inventory: Deal the complete activities for handling physical inventory in storage areas.
- Material Valuation: Deal the complete activities for material valuation. The main types of material valuations are
- Lowest value
- Foreign trade: Deal the complete activities for importing processes.
- Master data in MM
- Product catalog: Deal the complete activities for catalog management.
- MM Transaction Codes
- MM Tables
- MM Single Roles
- Standard Material Types and their Id
- Creating Material Master Record – Tcode MM01
- Creating Purchase Orders – ME21N